Sunday, October 10, 2010

Insomnia

You know how it goes. You went to bed an hour ago and you are still awake only now you are panicked because you can't sleep so if you were restless before you are restless as fuck now.

I forced myself to go to bed an hour ago because my sinuses were shouting at me. I have a LOT of work I need to be doing but I reasoned with my anxiety by telling it that I will be more productive when I am less sick, but this whole not-being-able-to-sleep thing makes that a LOT harder to accept, because now I see tomorrow as a sleepy-sick-overworked day.

Dammit.

It really doesn't take much to piss my sinuses off. They get infected in an alarming number of my colds. Hopefully this is just a headache (or, you know, an entire face-ache) but I really, really, really need to be either sleeping or working. Sleeping, because I am so fuzzy-brained right now. I should have foreseen this and taken nyquil but now it is too late for that.

This is not as coherent as I'd like it to be. I am mostly just jabbering in an attempt to wear myself out so that when I try and sleep again I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment