Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Big, Fat, Jewish Family

Hello world. I am back! I was in the woody hills of Vermont in a house the color of a large pumpkin with my Entire Family.

I have met my new cousin (once removed), Smudge, who is actually not named Smudge, but who we call Smudge anyway. She is 8 months old and we, the two Girl Cousins are going to take over the world. Just. You. Wait.

Furthermore, we have discovered, awkwardly, that I am the only Cousin who is currently single. This is a) a first and b) a pressure-filled situation to be in since my grandmother added a loud-ass aside to a toast: "And those of you who are still unattached, GET GOING!" It is assumed that my AWOL cousin woke in a sweat back in New York at those words, with a sudden urge to head to a bar.* She is thinking: seven thousand grandchildren and between all of you you come up with one lousy baby? Oy.

I feel like I have more funny stories but I can't think of them just now. Traveling is like getting my head whacked seventy times with the remains of a bull elephant, but there's not a ton of sun in Vermont so other than the sleep deprivation and the constant Loud I handled reunion okay. Now, though, my entire building has no power and I am typing this at work because I am a rebel. No really. Okay more later.

*This order is particularly amusing following her Birthday Question. Q: Grandma, what have you learned in your 87 years? A: To keep mah mouth shut!

No comments:

Post a Comment