Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just closing my eyes and thinking of next semester

Registered for classes last week and it's going to be fantastic. I'm still taking max number of credits but in four classes instead of five, like I usually do. Also, all my classes are in the morning again. I love morning classes and free-ish afternoons, it's how I a) do my best work and b) do any of my work. Next semester will probably be more homework per class (I may have mentioned 50% of my time is devoted to four of my classes put together this semester, the other 50% is devoted to creative writing. What time that leaves for my 4 jobs don't ask me), but it will be classes I LIKE instead of classes I am trudging through (except Chaucer - I like Chaucer!)

I am taking (if you were curious): 18th century british literature and the rise of print culture (AHHHHHH AHHHHH DORKING OUT AHHHH), Spanish lit (oh, I'm going to Mexico for winter term for to re-learn the Spanish so I can take Spanish lit), fiction workshop for creative writing, and then an intro biology course that I want to take so I can take Evolution next semester.

I will also continue as a writing associate for English (probably for the same course I'm doing now, but that is a different story/rant; the course is having trouble because it's a new course and I am oddly invested in making it work), and believe I'll also be TA-ing for intro creative writing. Woo! More jobs!

I just got my blood pressure medication today. Will take it tomorrow and see how it goes. It's parents' weekend! My mom and dad and dog are here. It's fantastic. Oona (the dog) has made so many friends. So have my parents.

1 comment:

  1. I have so many things to say about this that I am actually going to leave you a comment for once.

    1. Hooray schedule!
    2. We talked about Choderlos de Laclos and Les Liaisons dangereuses in class today. I felt very knowledgeable just because of you, even though it's still sitting in Maryland waiting to be read.
    3. You're going to Mexico for sure?! I had not heard the results of your application.
    4. You're...you're voluntarily doing intro bio again? I might fall over. Evolution, though, is fabulous. Keith Tarvin is fabulous. His little MS Paint-style pictures in Power Point and stories about opossums are fabulous.
    5. SAY HI TO YOUR FAMBLY AND OOOOOOOONA and tell her I found her Corsican cousin.

    ReplyDelete